Salary: £70,446- £77, 427 per annum (Based on full time 37.5 hours)
Hours: 18.75 hours per week (0.5FTE)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To be the Managing Director of a new commercial business and to have overall strategic operational accountability of the organisation to ensure high-quality provision of services.
To ensure that the new organisation is compliant with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the Board are implemented.
Strategy & Leadership
- Provide effective leadership in conjunction with the Board and Commercial Director, develop and sustain a long-term strategy for high-quality services, ensuring alignment with the Office of Northamptonshire Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner and the Officer of Nottinghamshire Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner.
- Establish and maintain effective partnership working arrangements, including reports and communication links with the Board, key partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure that the organisation is appropriately organised and resourced to deliver and sustain a strategy for high-quality service delivery and appropriate systems are in place to conduct activities lawfully, effectively and in accordance with the vision and values of the organisation.
- Develop and support a culture of innovation within the organisation.
- Direct the senior leadership team in developing and implementing organisational strategy, policy framework, compliance priorities and business planning, to ensure that the organisation is able to deliver relevant and responsive services
- Lead, coach, develop and maintain a high performing senior management team and ensure excellent practice for all aspects of people management is routinely delivered, including recruitment, appraisals, performance management and workforce development.
- Ensure a robust performance management culture is embedded across all services ; setting demonstrably clear and measurable targets, that these are constantly monitored and appropriate and timely actions are taken to continually drive improvement.
- Ensure effective and timely communications are conveyed to employees, partners and stakeholders consistently so that they are informed of the issues and developments that affect them and which influence the strategic development of the company.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to gather, listen and respond to the views and ideas of managers, employees, partners, stakeholders, in order that services are relevant, responsive and focused on meeting identified needs.
- Support effective networking at a local, regional and national level to ensure that the services delivered are responsive to national developments and leading practice.
Governance and Compliance
- Ensure the organisation meets all legal, statutory and regulatory obligations and keeps up to date with significant developments in legislation.
- Working with the Chair, enable effective Board Meetings through the provision of high-quality papers focused on the key strategic and operational issues.
- Ensure the organisation receives appropriate expert advice and information on relevant matters where required.
Financial and risk
- Oversee the management of the outsourced finance function, whom will fulfil the role of Director of Finance.
- Work with the outsourced finance function to review the financial health, on-going viability and operational effectiveness of the organisation to deliver a secure financial future in-line with the organisation’s vision, mission and values.
- Identify risks faced by the organisation, review regularly to effectively mitigate any risks and undertake business continuity, contingency and succession planning.
- At a strategic level, champion the promotion of diversity and equality.
- At a strategic level ensure that the organisation conducts its activities in accordance with all applicable laws, company standards, policies and procedures and that the well-being of employees and service-users are protected by actively promoting and complying with health and safety regulations.
- To act as the Data Controller for the organisation to determine the purpose and means of processing personal data and to ensure company compliance to all data protection legislation.