Our client is looking for an experienced Health and Safety Consultant to join their growing team. The role will see the successful candidate provide health and safety support and advice to a growing and client base across the UK, but predominately within Northamptonshire and surrounding counties.
Ideally you will be qualified to CMIOSH status and will have a proven track record of implementing practical systems, ideally within a manufacturing/engineering environment.
You will need to demonstrate a strong desire to combine a demanding role with further CPD and a genuine willingness to work closely with colleagues within a small team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide health and safety support and advice to clients in accordance with current UK and EU legislation.
- Attending periodic meetings with clients to plan and implement safety management systems.
- Conducting audits & inspections, generating reports, reviewing progress against action plans and providing advice, guidance and support in a timely, responsive manner.
- Developing risk assessments and safe systems of work in consultation with clients.
- Preparing and delivering training where required.
- Supporting clients with accident investigations and enforcing authority actions where necessary.
- NEBOSH National Certificate/Grad IOSH.
- Previous experience of interpretation and application of UK health & safety legislation, preferably within the engineering/mechanical sector.
- Thorough, with attention to detail, responsive, courteous and professional.
- Thorough understanding of the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and supporting Regulations.
- Previous experience of carrying out health & safety audits, inspections & risk assessments.
- A high level of IT skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written and organisational skills, and have the ability to manage multiple clients to a high standard.
- Good report writing skills.
- Good analytical & research skills.
- Valid UK driving license and car owner.
- A suitable enhanced DBS/CRB check.
- NEBOSH Diploma or Health and Safety Degree.
- Chartered status.
- Experience of advising clients in a wide range of industries over multiple sites.
- Practical experience of PUWER and machinery risk assessment.
- Proven track record of advising clients in the engineering and manufacturing industries.
- Experience of delivering training.