The duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
- To manage the contracts and maintenance of site facility services, including lifts, drains, service items, sprinklers, fire alarm systems, meter readings, telecomms, refuse collections and other items
- Line managing the Facilities Manager to ensure that: records of meters and services are collected, regular maintenance tasks are carried out and also ordering of site facility stock such as consumables, toiletries and cleaning equipment is maintained
- To provide information to accounts team to raise invoices for various items including power supplies, late fees, car park, refuse clearance
- To manage Health and Safety issues relating to building and infrastructure ensuring all duties are carried out in line with Company procedures, health and safety and other Company requirements
- To manage on site contractors and building maintenance projects and coordinate and supervise subcontractors
- To organize regular office meetings for building maintenance works involving relevant departments and individuals
- To organize and keep to schedule improvement works to available let and vacant units
- Work with other departments to ensure smooth operation of short-term hires and events across the site, responding with immediate action on such cases as leaks, power outages or floods
- Schedule low to medium building works across the site with budgets up to £75,000 using a mixture of internal and external tradesman
- Engage external consultants and contractors when necessary on building and construction work
- Records of meters and services are collected
- Regular maintenance tasks are carried out
- Ordering of site facility stock such as consumables, toiletries and cleaning equipment is maintained
- Manage construction projects on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring all work is being completed to the highest standard possible, meeting building regulations where needed and within strict deadlines
- Obtain estimates and procure materials orders
- Manage construction budgets and maintain financial objectives
- Review progress and liaise with management to monitor costs and progress
- Maintain quality control procedures as well as site paperwork and drawings
- Thorough knowledge of H&S procedures excelling at best practice guidelines for construction
What we would like from you:
● Building/construction qualifications, and experience/ knowledge of maintenance work in listed buildings. CIOB, RICS qualifications or equivalent.
● Computer Literate (G-Suite)
● Good communication skills
● Problem solving skills
● Decision-making ability
● Commercial awareness
● Ability to motivate others
● Team Working skills
● Excellent knowledge of building methods and regulations
About the Company:
Originally starting as Copeland Park, the organization has grown to take on a second space, Beckenham Place Mansion. Copeland Park has established itself as the cultural heart of Peckham. The site is made up of around 150 tenants that occupy multiple different buildings from warehouses, derelict houses, retail premises and a large 5 storey Victorian industrial building.
Beckenham Place Mansion is a grade 2* listed Georgian mansion used as a community centre with several tenants and art studios, open daily to the public as an art, cultural and community centre.
What we offer in return:
Competitive salary of £42,000 per annum with a review upon completion of probationary period, great working environment, company sick pay, dress down days.
What to do next?
Click apply – look at our client's website to see what they’re about!