Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Location: 24-26 Vincent Avenue, Crownhill, Milton Keynes, MK8 0AB
Start date: ASAP
Our client, Lyco Group Ltd, are one of the UK’s leading lighting companies, which continues to thrive. Lyco work with across B2B and B2C with brands such as Five Guys, Popeyes, Malmaison any many more.
As a result of growth within the business, Lyco Direct are now looking for someone to help them deliver the further growth in the market, proactive professional who is looking to further their career to join the Commercial team.
About the role:
The successful candidate will be well organised. They’ll enjoy a challenge and be willing to bring fresh ideas to the team.
The successful candidate will work closely with commercial team on all aspects of administration of products, including online merchandising and presentation, as well as liaising with the wider team to manage queries.
Lyco Direct are passionate about career progression, so this is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic commercial buyer with strong creative skills and the hunger to develop those skills further in order to progress within their career with Lyco Direct.
Working as part of Lyco Directs’ Commercial Team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Communicate directly with the internal team (Head of buying, Buyers, Stock Control, Marketing, Sales Office and Database Administration) on a regular basis, verbally and via email.
- Communicate with external produce suppliers verbally and via email.
- Follow up with buyers for actions on key tasks.
- Challenge on the quality of data received.
- Prepare reports for buyers and chase for updates.
- Prepare commercial data for new and existing produce.
- Ensure buyers have made decisions on retail price and margin expectation.
- Deliver ad hoc requests for buyers, head of buying and senior managers.
- Coordinate responses to competitor price analysis.
- Respond to customer complaints which require compensation or further supplier discussions, under direction from a buyer.
- Update and maintain supplier cost prices.
- Support with new production introduction process.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive package. You’ll be given the opportunity to grow your skills and be welcomed into a highly motivated team environment.
- Competent numerical and grammatical ability, ideally (A-C) in Mathematics and English.
- Ability to work with Excel VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables.
- Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise workload.
- Numerical and analytical approach.
- Understanding of key terms such as, sales, margin and profit.
- Experience working in a small business environment.
- Interest in the technical and decorative areas of the lighting market.
- Ability to set up sales reports using Qlikview system (training can be given).
If this sounds like your next challenge, get in touch!
To be considered for the role, please review the skills/experience requirements listed and apply with your CV and a covering letter.
Please note, due to anticipated high response to this role, we'll only be able to reply to successful candidates. If you don't hear back from us, you may assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.