Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Mon-Fri, 9am-5.30pm
Contract: Fixed Term/Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £27,500 per annum depending on experience and qualifications
Location: London, N7
About the role:
Through this role you will gain substantial knowledge and experience in one or several of the following areas:
• Customer Relationship Management
• Event Management
• Business Planning and Development
• Public Relations
• Social Housing
• Public Policy
Whilst this role is initially designed for a 12-month placement, there is scope for the successful candidate to become a permanent member of the team.
Our client is a boutique software services provider that delivers bespoke solutions to the Social Housing sector (which covers Local Authority Housing and Housing Associations) and is a non-profit distributing company owned by several local authorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively managing a caseload of applicants seeking to move long distances in order to help households find a new home
• Maintain meticulously case management notes on relevant spreadsheets and systems.
• Maintaining regular contact with applicants with up to 25 calls per day.
• Liaising with landlords in relation to an applicant’s housing registration information
• Supporting, advising and signposting applicants in the process of moving home – such as in finding work, schooling and so on
• Supporting applicants in form filling and serving as a liaison point across various organisations in order to broker a move
• Assisting in organizing or producing video and written case studies.
• Assisting in marketing and promoting successful moves
• Updating databases systems and assisting with team activities.
• High standard of English (ESSENTIAL)
• Educated to degree level (DESIRABLE)
• Knowledge of Social Housing or experience of working in a social housing environment (DESIRABLE)
Skills and Experience:
• Ability to communicate with confidence and clarity across the entire range of communication channels (all forms of written communications, verbal, presentation, inter-personal)
• Experience of telephone-based case management activity with vulnerable people in a high-pressured environment
• MS OFFICE skills / experience
• Experience of using web-based applications, systems and social media tools
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage a diverse and complex workload
• Extremely well organised and able to manage a complex caseload
• Strong attention to detail and committed to producing work of the highest quality
• Working knowledge of MARIC (Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference) (DESIRABLE)
• Basic Knowledge of the issues surrounding domestic abuse (DESIRABLE)
• Experience of Case Management work in housing or a related field (DESIRABLE)
Please note: The post holder will occasionally be required to attend evening and weekend meetings and to travel as the job demands.
The post holder will also be expected to be flexible in relation to working hours and work according to time required to meet project deliverables.