Hours: Full Time Monday to Friday 37.5hrs per week
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000 per annum
Location: Cranfield, Bedfordshire
At Crave, we strive to significantly reduce our test efforts and expect you, as part of the team, to help us achieve that goal. The team currently consists of two Software Quality Engineers, of which one takes a lead role. The main tools we use are TestRail and Katalon.
Software Quality within Crave is much broader than just executing tests. We expect everyone within Software Quality to contribute to improving every aspect of our product development & delivery process. This means you’ll have lots of opportunity to pitch you own ideas and implement them. The platform you’ll be testing is broad and varied. It contains back-end services, back-office applications, mobile device management, middleware and front-end Web and App clients. All developed inhouse and integrated, providing a diverse and challenging context.
Working together with the Lead Software Quality Engineer and reporting to the CTO, the Senior Software Quality Engineer will contribute direct to the company’s success by enabling assuring the delivery of a stable software platform.
Crave are committed to the development and well-being of their staff so this will be a great role for someone with great ambition and drive to succeed.
• Be the quality advocate and continuously raise the bar for the quality of our software
• Participate in testing and deployment planning
• Create (automated) test plans, cases and scripts
• Run/execute (automated) test plans
• Support the development & technical support teams in improving quality
• Catalyse the shift from manual tests to automated tests
• Collaborate with Technical Support to improve test coverage based on incidents
• Bachelor or Master, IT/technical major preferred
• At least 3 years of experience with software quality assurance
• Testing GUI and complex functional user workflows
• Automated testing of systems
• Technical skills for deep analysis of failed tests, eg. analysing logs, XML, json and other files.
• Quality assurance of multi-component systems & integrations
• Automated testing of APIs, Web Applications and Android Applications
• Strong problem-solving ability & persistence
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Able to prioritise, use initiative and manage time efficiently with minimal supervision.
• Detail and accuracy oriented
• Capable of multitasking and following up to complete tasks
• Have a willingness to continually learn and develop
• Highly flexible and adaptable
• Feel comfortable to work closely and communicate effectively with developers, technical support & customer support
• Fluent English speaker
• Fluency in another language would be an added bonus
What we have to offer you in return
• Competitive compensation and a fun, relaxed office environment
• Comprehensive training to understand our business solutions and processes
• A fulfilling, challenging and varied role as part of a motivated team that is leading innovation within its market
• An opportunity to develop and progress your career in a fast-growing and exciting technology company
At Crave our mission is to provide the very best guest service software to the hospitality industry – solutions that delight hotel guests and increase profits for our clients. Formed in 2009, UK-based Crave Interactive is a leading provider of cutting-edge in-room tablets designed for hotels of any size. Crave is a global company with its development centre located in The Netherlands as well as offices in Las Vegas and Bangkok.
Crave is for equal opportunities, we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any discrimination. At Crave Interactive, we value diversity, mutual respect and personality uniqueness of each employee.
Following a major investment, the business is set for significant growth over the next 5 years and is therefore looking for an experienced Senior Q&A Test Engineer to join their rapidly expanding team.