Compliance and Logistics Specialist
Logistics - Cranfield
An exciting opportunity for a dynamic supply chain professional who can help shape the future of the international logistics, inventory management and purchasing operations.
Hours: Full Time Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Location: Cranfield, Bedfordshire
You will play a fundamental role in driving real process improvement to support the company’s rapid growth plans by identifying systems and developing processes to streamline our global operations and logistics functions.
You will work closely with the VP Operations to support all aspects of supply chain management, including stock forecasting, inventory management, international stock movement and quality control. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all import/export legislation and leading a programme of continuous improvement.
This is a newly defined role, making it the perfect opportunity for the right person to take the next step in their logistics and supply chain management career.
• Act as an internal specialist in relation to all customs compliance and control requirements for our portfolio of products
• Primary customer and supplier liaison to determine and/or validate classifications, valuations, country of origin, and marking requirements including management of denied parties screening
• Work with partners to determine the correct Harmonized Tariff classification for our suite of products, including individual repair parts, to support all import and export transactions
• Research customs regulations and rulings, to identify any regulatory changes, and communicate with clients and customs brokers as appropriate
• Liaise with internal departments in relation to regulatory and duty matters, ensuring that the correct training and supporting documentation is available to facilitate international trade activities
• Oversee all activities relating to the creation and management of documentation and data required for import and export compliance and operations, ensuring accurate records are kept
• Liaise with suppliers in relation to the manufacture and delivery of products in-line with demand, to include stock forecasting and warehouse support activities
• Support the implementation and continuous improvement activities in relation to the company’s inventory management system
• Liaise with existing and new freight forwarders to ensure the efficient and cost-effective movement of goods
• Assist in the definition of processes and procedures with our supply chain partners, including quality assurance, repair SLA’s and 3rd party repair partner agreements
What we would like from you
• 3 years minimum international logistics and customs management experience
• Import/export compliance experience with the ability to understand, interpret and communicate compliance-related requirements
• Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
• Experience of driving process improvement through technology
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Detail-oriented with exceptional organization, task and time management skills
• Self-motivated, highly flexible and proactive with a team mentality
• Experience within an electronics manufacturing and supply chain management would be advantageous
What we have to offer you in return
• Competitive compensation and a fun, relaxed office environment
• Comprehensive training to understand their business solutions and processes
• A fulfilling, challenging and varied role as part of a motivated team that is leading innovation within its market
• An opportunity to develop and progress your career in a fast-growing and exciting technology company
At Crave our mission is to provide the very best guest service software to the hospitality industry – solutions that delight hotel guests and increase profits for our clients. Formed in 2009, UK-based Crave Interactive is a leading provider of cutting-edge in-room tablets designed for hotels of any size. Crave is a global company with its development centre located in The Netherlands as well as offices in Las Vegas and Bangkok.
Crave is for equal opportunities, we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any discrimination. At Crave Interactive, we value diversity, mutual respect and personality uniqueness of each employee.