Senior Research Executive
Senior Research Executive
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £28,000 to £32,000 per annum, dependent on skills and experience.
Benefits: Auto enrolment pension, medical insurance, bike to work scheme, season tickets, duvet days, training and development opportunities, hybrid working
Location: Hybrid working / Borough, London Bridge, SE1 4YH
Start date: As soon as possible
Our client Kids Industries was the very first agency to specialise in the family market and is recognised as the leading global research, strategy and creative agency in the sector, focusing exclusively on the most exciting, engaging and imaginative audience segment. Their vision is to make every family smile more, which means putting the family first in everything they do.
Kids industries (KI) are a dedicated team of marketers, designers, researchers, producers, developers and strategists and work globally with current projects in 12 countries. They build global websites, no. 1 apps, developed new TV stations, created new cereals, designed the interior of cruise ships, planned theme parks and launched new products with award winning work. They have celebrated their 20th anniversary as an independent agency and are growing rapidly.
Kids Industries wish to bolster their multi-award winning team with a Senior Research Executive. This role is at the heart of the research team’s work, and our client are looking for a go-getter to design, set-up and deliver a wide variety of research projects, all the while working with the senior team members to grow their skills and experience. The team’s work is both quantitative and qualitative, so we welcome applications from researchers working in either or both of these areas.
Responsibilities will include:
- Desk research & trend analysis
- Qualitative fieldwork management
Contacting suppliers and research participants, briefing research participants, finding and reviewing research venues, supporting project team with fieldwork-specific organisation
- Research moderation – with support from senior team members
Taking notes and finding themes for reporting. The research sessions are with children, so KI takes pride in working with and growing the talent for engaging, playful, immersive moderation.
- Survey writing
- Survey management and analysis
Working with panels, cleaning the data and understanding the foundations of charting in Excel.
- Analysing data to craft a compelling and actionable story
The way in which KI report is always focused on audience needs and a strong understanding of their clients’ business. You will support the process of creating presentations as you synthetise learnings, visualise insights, craft stories and create frameworks to support decision making.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of the wider business knowledge base
As a member of the Insight team, you will be jointly responsible for sharing relevant industry and project knowledge with team members from the Creative and Strategy Teams.
Expected experience and competencies Kids Industries would like to see from you:
- At least one year of good foundational market research experience
- A team player – a proactive, positive person with a can-do attitude
- Experience in the design of research screeners and discussion guides as well as qualitative reporting
- Questionnaire-design ability and knowledge of basic statistics will be an advantage
- An analytical mind – able to spot trends and emerging themes, connect the dots between different pieces of insight and apply to client problems
- Able to synthetise information from different resources and present in engaging ways
- Commitment to delivering top-quality work, with pride, to specific deadlines
- Being able to present your point of view or research findings clearly and confidently, both in writing an in conversation
- A thirst for learning about clients businesses and gaining expertise in the kids and family industry – ongoing learning about media trends, technology, innovation, influencer economy and more
- Calm under pressure - KI can be busy but they are also hugely collaborative & have an exciting working environment. KI are looking for someone who can thrive in this space, meaning you know how to manage your time, prioritise tasks, collaborate with your team and excel at the job
- Effectively manage multiple tasks at once and anticipate problems / clashes and how to avoid them
- Confidently and professionally communicate with clients in written and verbal communications - including workshops, status calls, research debriefs and ongoing project email
- Experience of writing an engaging and empathetic survey, understanding of survey flow
- Work with or understand the principles of survey scripting & statistical analysis - desirable
- Experience of moderating either online, offline or both - desirable
This is a full-time permanent role; usual working hours are Monday to Friday working 7.5 hours daily, starting anytime between 8:30am and 10am, and finishing anytime between 5pm and 6:30pm with an unpaid hour for lunch each day.
We seek to recruit people with a good combination of talent, skills and potential, promoting equality for all, and welcome applications from a wide range of candidates. We select candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, experience and commitment to the values and purposes of Kids Industries.
Please apply with your CV and a personal statement, giving an indication of your current remuneration and explaining your suitability for the role.
Closing date: 28th March 2023
Interview dates: From w/c 6th March 2023 onwards
Start date: As soon as reasonably practicable.
The organisation reserves the right to conduct interviews and appoint prior to the closing date dependent on the calibre of applications received. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of our closing date, you may assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
- London (SE1)
Senior Research Executive
Loading application form