Hours: 22.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £30,063 - £32,289 per annum
Location: Newham (outreach), Office Hackney, E8 4DG
Our client, Peter Bedford Housing Association (PBHA), is a housing association with charitable aims that create positive change in people’s lives. As well as homes and support, they empower people to learn, access work and discover their creative talents. Based mainly in Hackney, Newham and Islington, they work with people who are homeless, have mental ill health, learning difficulties and multiple needs. PBHA work enables people to move on and lead independent lives.
The Recovery Coordinator leads PBHA’s housing and supporting former rough sleepers to live in self-contained flats.
The Recovery Coordinator will ensure tenants sustain their homes, receive appropriate support and move-on within 2-3 years to a long-term home. They ensure the team’s work is accurately recorded and completes performance reports quarterly for funders.
The Recovery Coordinator supports a small caseload of tenants and line-manages the Recovery Worker who takes on a larger caseload.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Supervising staff and volunteers in line with PBHA policies and procedures
- Representing PBHA at internal and external meetings as agreed with the Housing Services Manager
- Check and improve the quality of support plans and risk assessments.
- Help tenants to identify and work towards their personal goals and grow in independence
- Deal with complaints and reports of nuisance as they arise
- Arrange viewings and carry out sign ups of occupancy agreements and assist in the moving in/out process
- Carry out annual H&S checks and help tenants to report repairs
- Take part in planning the team’s work and the annual plan
- Promote, develop and support PBHA’s ethos, values and impact.
- Positive, resourceful, and resilient when working in a challenging environment
- Good negotiation skills
- Good verbal, written & positive interpersonal communication skills
- Good IT skills, including using Microsoft Office software
- Ability to manage, plan and take responsibility for your own caseload
- Meet demanding targets in a difficult climate
- Supervisory experience
- A management qualification is desirable
- Organise work effectively by prioritising, planning and excellent time management.
Peter Bedford Housing Association offers in return:
- Excellent support
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Access to an extensive range of training
- A psychologically informed environment
- 26 days annual leave per annum plus bank holidays, rising up to 30 days with service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Agile working.
To apply, please register your interest and we will send you an application form to complete. Using an application form supports equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices.
Peter Bedford Housing Association is an Equal Opportunities employer who support an inclusive culture and diversity for their staff and those they represent. They are committed to encouraging further growth from diverse groups, and welcome applications from people of all abilities and under-represented groups. Currently, PBHA have an underrepresentation from men and BAME communities. As such, they particularly welcome applicants from these groups.
For more information about Peter Bedford Housing Association, please visit their website at https://www.peterbedford.org.uk/