Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £24,717 - £26,544 per annum
Location: Islington and Hackney community hubs
Our client, Peter Bedford Housing Association (PBHA), is a housing association with charitable aims that create positive change in people’s lives. As well as homes and support, they empower people to learn, access work and discover their creative talents. Based mainly in Hackney and Islington, they work with people who are homeless, have mental ill health, learning difficulties and multiple needs. PBHA work enables people to move on and lead independent lives.
The Enhanced Housing Management Worker works within the housing team to provide a high-quality service to help tenants sustain their tenancies, develop independent living skills and move-on to a long-term home.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Regular contact with tenants
- Identifying individual tenancy sustainment needs through assessment and an identified Housing Plan detailing risks, tenancy sustainment needs and move on plans
- Deal with complaints, nuisance and tenancy disputes as they arise
- Work with tenants to promote self-help and mediation approaches to dispute resolution and address and escalate in line with procedure
- Liaise with housing officers, the finance, and Enterprise and Training departments to provide effective prevention and management of rent issues, escalating where necessary
- Carry out H&S and fire checks and assessment, liaising closely with others to ensure that follow up actions are completed
- Provide a drop-in service at the office hubs
- To ensure that PBHA’s systems are accurately updated specifically in relation to contact with tenants
- Contribute to a high-quality housing service direct to PBHA’s tenants.
- To have worked in a paid or voluntary capacity with at least one of the following groups: people who have mental ill health, learning difficulties, people who have been homeless, or people who have had substance misuse issues
- An overall understanding of the wellbeing needs of disadvantaged groups
- Willingness to learn and develop professionally
- Effective communicator
- Co-operative team player
- Able to effectively prioritise work tasks
- Good IT skills, including using Microsoft Office.
Peter Bedford Housing Association offers in return:
- Excellent support
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Access to an extensive range of training
- A psychologically informed environment
- 26 days annual leave per annum plus bank holidays, rising up to 30 days with service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Agile working.
To apply, please register your interest and we will send you an application form to complete. Using an application form supports equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices.
Peter Bedford Housing Association is an Equal Opportunities employer who support an inclusive culture and diversity for their staff and those they represent. They are committed to encouraging further growth from diverse groups, and welcome applications from people of all abilities and under-represented groups. Currently, PBHA have an underrepresentation from men and disabled communities. As such, they particularly welcome applicants from these groups.
For more information about Peter Bedford Housing Association, please visit their website at https://www.peterbedford.org.uk/