Hours: Part time, 20 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 5pm-9pm
Contract: 6-month contract
Location: Vinnetrow Business Park, Runcton, Chichester PO20 1QH
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the leading private histopathology providers in the UK to support and undertake the administration of the NHS department on a fixed-term basis.
The post holder will work within a variety of different areas within the department including NHS case creation, referrals, multidisciplinary meetings (MDMs), Logistics, as well as performing quality administrative tasks.
About our client:
Founded by histopathologists in 2011, our client aims to provide an excellent service to public and private clients and have a growing international presence supplying over 300 hospitals and clinics, offering advanced technologically and premium histopathology reporting.
Skills and personal qualities:
- Well organised
- Ability to schedule tasks and complete within deadlines
- Team-player, who must also be able to work independently, exercising own judgement and able to quickly solve problems and able to refer to others for guidance
- Upbeat and proactive, engaging, empathising listener when talking to clients and confident while dealing with queries and solving issues
- Ability to come up with logical solutions in uncommon situations
- Strong computer skills and experience with data entry
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience in an administrative role/medical secretary role is desirable.
- Create new patient “Cases” (Records) accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage and maintain LIMS, Slide management, and cloud data
- Delicately handle all materials received by sending lab
- Creating service users on all platforms
- Maintain the Whole Slide Imaging (WSI) process
- Accurately record and process additional lab work received
- Return all material according to the SLA
- Ensure reports are authorised and are received by the NHS client
- Maintain Datasets in accordance with the SLA
- Conduct stocktake
- Support development of our new LIMS 2.0
- Log and actively manage issues
- Monitor case statuses and take appropriate action
- Conduct audits for NHS clients
- Take part in case/lab Investigations
- Communicate in person, via the telephone and electronically with others in the team and with staff in departments across all Trusts as required
- Provide high-quality service
- Liaise with Pathologists and NHS Trust and coordinate the requirements of the Pathology Service to users of the service
- Liaise with service users and provide basic advice and support
- Communicate effectively, professionally and politely with telephone enquiries
- To attend meetings and record minutes
- To support the NHS Operations Manager in ad-hoc duties.
- Manage daily courier dispatch plan.
Multidisciplinary meetings (MDMs):
- Manage pre-established MDM workflow
- Prioritise enquiries and action tasks
- Work with clinical and non-clinical staff to ensure that all cancer patients are documented, relevant documents are distributed prior to (and are listed for discussion) at weekly MDMs
- Use and understand Company’s LIMS and CaseCentre software to prepare materials required by specialists.
- Manage daily courier dispatch plan.
- To adhere to Company agreed policies and procedures
- To promote and develop the equality of opportunity in accordance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- To protect the confidentiality of information relating to our client, Patient and Staff or other agencies
- To provide a quality service to internal and external users and agencies, to participate/develop aspects of clinical governance within the sphere of responsibility
- To share responsibility for abiding by health and safety policies and regulations, infection prevention and control policies and act in accordance with the Risk Management Policy.
In return our client offers:
- Annual leave entitlement 25 days per annum (pro rata for part time and fixed term contract)
- Pension scheme contributions