Hours: 40 hours a week
Contract: Full time permanent
Salary & benefits: £24,000 to £26,000 per annum dependent skills and experience
Commencing on 20 days holiday plus bank holidays. Holidays to increase by 1 day every 2 years to 23 days plus bank holidays. Pension scheme after a qualifying period, free car parking, training opportunities
Location: Site 1, Kettering, Northants, NN16 8UN
Our client is the UK’s leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of Vehicle Mounted Access Platforms. This well-established Company has long-term growth plans and offers great opportunities to learn and progress.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this person will responsible for supporting the Quality team across various stages of the process and to ensure world class operations. This role will play a critical part of developing the culture and attitude to quality as well as delivering an outstanding product and customer experience.
- Engage with goods in to ensure both incoming vehicle and supplier manufactured parts meet required standards ahead of processing.
- Perform a variety of inspection activities during and after production.
- Ability to use measurement tools like Vernier gauges to verify product dimensions.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve processes to deliver improvements to quality.
- Attending Quality meetings with the quality and production teams to assist with resolving customer issues.
- Communicate all non-conformances to appropriate personnel. Record all non-conformances on internal quality management database.
- Ensure that the inspection department is compliant with the quality management system and company procedures.
- Ensure all measuring equipment is kept in good working order and calibrated accordingly.
- Developing a positive culture and promotion of health and safety and environment-friendly atmosphere across the business
- Previous experience working within manufacturing as a Supervisor
- Experience of engineering drawings or checking against specifications
- Experience of managing a small team, working to schedules and daily targets
- To be able to communicate with, and motivate team members
- Good communicator (written and verbal) and engages at all levels in a business with the ability to adapt to the audience
- To be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive disposition
- Have an understanding of health and safety requirements.
- Computer literacy inclusive of MS Office applications, with basic level of literacy and numeracy.
- Must be able to use own initiative and proactively liaise with other departments and colleagues.
- Must be able to work well under pressure both as part of a team and on own initiative
- Time management with the ability to prioritise
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Flexible and Problem-Solving skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
This is a permanent full time role, working 40 hours per week Mondays to Thursdays 8am to 5pm with 30 minutes for lunch (unpaid) and Fridays 8am to 2pm with no break. Overtime may be available on occasion.
Please apply with CV and cover letter, giving your current salary and explaining your suitability for the role to:
Deadline for applications: 25th May 2022
Interview date: From w/c 2nd May 2022 onwards
Start date: As soon as possible
We may arrange informal shortlist interviews for high calibre candidates as applications are received. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of our closing date you may assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.