Hours: 39 hours a week
Contract: Full time permanent
Salary: Circa £20,000 to £28,000 per annum dependent on skills and experience
Statutory holidays and pension scheme after a qualifying period
Location: Desborough, Northants, NN14 2RR
Our client is Joseph Cheaney & Sons, a globally-renowned luxury manufacturer of fine Goodyear welted English shoes for men and women. The Company has a 11 standalone stores, the majority of which are based in London, a thriving E-Commerce platform and a considerable wholesale operation. The central operations of the company are run from the factory site which is based in Desborough, Northamptonshire.
We have exciting new Production Operative opportunities to work for a leading footwear manufacturer within the factory site working in the Lasting / Making and Finishing rooms.
Candidates should ideally have experience in working with high grade men’s and ladies Goodyear Welted footwear, however, experience of working in a similar craft-based manufacturing environment would also be of benefit. Candidates will have opportunities to learn a variety of specialist skills and therefore these roles are ideal for those who wish to have an invaluable impact on a business experiencing rapid growth.
- Production of high quality men’s and ladies footwear.
Ensuring work ticket specifications are strictly followed.
- Liaising with key personnel regarding customer priorities and production targets.
- Demonstrable experience in working with high grade men’s and ladies Goodyear Welted Footwear, however, working in a similar craft-based manufacturing environment is also beneficial and desirable
- Able to work in a flexible way, with a keen eye for detail and a meticulous approach
- Able to work independently, as well as within teams and across multiple projects
- An efficient and proactive approach to work
- An able communicator both verbally and in writing
- Able to manage work to deadlines and flex according to operational requirements
This is a permanent full time role working 39 hours per week Mondays to Fridays inclusive. 7:30am to 4:30pm Mondays to Thursdays and 7:30am to 12:30pm on Fridays.
Please apply with CV and cover letter, giving your current salary and explaining your suitability for the role to:
Deadline for applications: 18th January 2022
Interview date: From w/c 10th January 2022
Start date: As soon as possible
We may arrange informal shortlist interviews for high calibre candidates as applications are received. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of our closing date you may assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.