Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Contract: Fixed Term Full time for up to 1 year (Maternity Cover)
Salary: Circa £22,500 - £25,000 per annum dependent on skills and experience
Statutory holidays and pension scheme after a qualifying period.
Location: Desborough, Northants, NN14 2RR
Our client is Joseph Cheaney & Sons, a globally-renowned luxury manufacturer of fine Goodyear welted English shoes for men and women. The Company has a 11 standalone stores, the majority of which are based in London, a thriving E-Commerce platform and a considerable wholesale operation. The central operations of the company are run from the factory site which is based in Desborough, Northamptonshire.
An opportunity now exists for maternity cover within our Marketing function in the role of Social Media / Marketing Assistant. In the absence of the Marketing Manager (who will be on maternity leave) this role will reporting directly to the Managing Director. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting Cheaney’s ambitious growth aspirations with both traditional print and digital marketing of a brand that will build a loyal customer base, increase customer spend and engage new customers across multiple areas of the business. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wishes to have an invaluable impact on a business that is experiencing rapid growth and has a keen interest in social media and fashion.
- Responsible for supporting creative marketing campaigns to achieve commercial objectives, tracking data and adjusting accordingly to optimize performance
- Monitor progress and performance of campaigns and reporting findings to senior management
- Develop strong collaborative multi-functional relationships across internal departments (E-Commerce, Retail and Wholesale), external creative agencies and third party organizations (print magazines, stylists etc)
- Support the supply of all marketing materials, including photoshoots, printed documents, media advertising, web and social media content and oversee budget for these activities
- Write compelling, on-brand copy for diverse marketing distributions (magazine articles, press releases, website material etc)
- Manage social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) posting UGC and create compelling, original content to enhance audience engagement
- Represent the brand when attending PR events related to the business
- Demonstrable experience in marketing and/or a social media role with a specific interest in fashion
- A proficient communicator with strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills at all levels
- Able to work autonomously, managing deadlines across multiple projects
- Awareness of social and consumer trends and SM analytics tools
- A highly organised and flexible approach
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Office and web-based applications
This is a fixed-term contract of up to one year, working on a full-time basis between 8:30am and 5pm Monday to Friday inclusive with an unpaid hour for lunch each day.
Please apply with CV and cover letter, giving your current remuneration and explaining your suitability for the role to:
Deadline for applications: 10th December 2021
Interview date: From 1st December
Start date: As soon as possible
We may arrange informal shortlist interviews for high calibre candidates as applications are received. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of our closing date you may assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.